Solution:
I. On the basis of NPV approach, which project(s) you would select if the projects are independent and why?
Ans :
First Project C will be selected and then project A will be selected as both have positive NPV.
II. On the basis of NPV approach, which project(s) you would select if the projects are mutually exclusive and why?
Ans :
In case of mutually exclusive, only Project C will be selected because it has positive and higher NPV value i-e 21485
Calculations:
NPV net present value
I , initial investment = 45000
R , rate = 14% = 14/100= 0.14
t , time in years
CF = cash inflows
Project A :
I , initial investment = 45000
NPV = - I0 + CF1 / (1+r)t + CF2 / (1+r)t + CF3 / (1+r)t
= -45000 + 20000/ (1+ 0.14) 1 + 20000 / (1+0.14) 2 + 20000/ (1+0.14)3
= 1432.64 ( positive NPV)
Project B :
I , initial investment = 70000
NPV = - I0 + CF1 / (1+r)t + CF2 / (1+r)t + CF3 / (1+r)t
= -70000 + 70000/ (1+ 0.14) 1 + 70000 / (1+0.14) 2 + 70000/ (1+0.14)3
= -12200 ( negative NPV)
Project C:
I , initial investment = 50000
NPV = - I0 + CF1 / (1+r)t + CF2 / (1+r)t + CF3 / (1+r)t
= -50000 + 50000/ (1+ 0.14) 1 + 50000 / (1+0.14) 2 + 50000/ (1+0.14)3
= 21485 ( positive NPV
No comments:
Post a Comment